Sunday, September 20, 2009

An addendum to the post below.

In early 2009 between Feb & May 2009, I spent some 3+ months in Baroda. I city which I have come to love very much in spite of its many limitations. Somehow there is still some small-town charm there, that appeals to me. I feel out of depth in the larger cities in India. The above mentioned 3+ months were among the most relaxing in my life.

It is not to say that the fact I wasn't basically doing anything with my life during this period was all charms. It did have its share of ennui-induced frustrations. But the fact remains I got to know a lot of new people, helped them in small but easily forgotten ways. These had no pecuniary remunerations, but gave me immense pleasure. And the ability to do things without thinking about the future is an indescribable stimulant.

Needless to say, looking back from among the stream of 'profitably employed people', rather than living by my own means and wits has made me nostalgic again. Suffice to say, there is a certain deadness when life goes on from one deadline to another. Yet, you are still alive to feel the tribulations after the deadline. So much for living life for the moment.

Some more pictures from those days of mental-vacation, so-to-speak.
Baroda/Bombay Feb-May 2009

No comments: